Summary and Purpose
The Architecture Centric Virtual Integration Process (ACVIP) is an important advance in model-based virtual integration. When utilized with embedded computing system design projects, ACVIP aims to reduce program risk and improve system capability by:
- Reducing technical risk
- Reducing cost and schedule overruns
- Supporting conformance to industry standards & required certifications
Based on the ACVIP Modeling and Analysis Handbook, the course will supply government and industry participants with a working understanding of this powerful architectural model, providing hands-on experience with key modeling techniques and analysis tools. Those who complete the training will be able to more effectively plan, manage, and review the design, development, testing, and integration of complex cyber-physical systems; and more effectively use delivered architecture models.
Who Should Attend
Government and commercial personnel who develop technical specifications, provide guidance, and review model-based acquisition of embedded software and hardware subsystems. The first session covering an overview of ACVIP basics and benefits is suitable and recommended for senior technical and management auditors.
Eight live interactive virtual classes, 60–90 minutes each, spread over 4 days, delivered live, interactively via Teams, Google Meet, or Zoom. Participants of the full course will be asked to complete hands-on modeling exercises between sessions. One-on-one virtual office hours will be available to registered participants of the full course. Completion of the full course will give students 16 CLPs.
- Participants must have the ability to join a video meeting. A link will be provided in the invitations sent to registered participants.
- Modeling exercises will employ the Architecture Analysis & Design Language (AADL) in the Open Source AADL Tool Environment (OSATE). Prior experience with AADL and OSATE are recommended.
- Participants attending Sessions 3-8 will need to install an OSATE+workspace zip. It has been approved for use on Army laptops, students from other organizations will have to work with their IT departments to get installation authorization. The Zip File will be provided to registered participants of the full course prior to the first session.
Cost and Customization
The class cost is $1500 per student. The class can be customized to fit the needs of a particular group. A minimum of 10 students are required to run the class.