We are pleased to announce the release of Cryptol 2.13.0. Cryptol is a language for writing and specifying cryptographic algorithms. This release brings a variety of improvements, including:
- The sortBy function is now implemented using merge sort instead of insertion sort. This improves both asymptotic and observed performance on sorting tasks.
- “Type mismatch” errors now display more information about the location from which the error arises.
- Cryptol now supports Boolector 3.2.2 or later.
Binary distributions and source distributions can be downloaded from here. This download page also contains a more detailed changelog.
We also provide alternative means of obtaining Cryptol:
- Docker image for Cryptol 2.13.0:
docker pull ghcr.io/galoisinc/cryptol:2.13.0
- Docker image for cryptol-remote-api, the JSON RPC version of Cryptol:
docker pull ghcr.io/galoisinc/cryptol-remote-api:2.13.0
In addition, we provide Python bindings built on top of cryptol-remote-api, which are available on PyPI: https://pypi.org/project/cryptol/2.13.0
- The source code for Cryptol 2.13.0 is available on Hackage, installable with Cabal: https://hackage.haskell.org/package/cryptol-2.13.0
If you encounter any issues with Cryptol, feel free to file an issue here.