At Galois nobody tells you what to do. We hire passionate professionals and give them the opportunity to engage in meaningful work.
This role is an ideal fit for someone with a passion for guiding software development teams and projects to success, someone who is a curious and eager learner, leans into technology, takes a servant leader approach, and cares for team members. The role is not a good fit for those with a command and control approach to management and those who are still primarily involved as hands-on technical contributors.
At Galois we specialize in the research and development of technologies that solve computer science’s most difficult problems. Project teams involve multiple engineers and researchers, likely include team members from academia, industry partners, and government agencies, and range in duration from a few months to several years. Our organizational structure is collaborative, one-level flat, and based on principles of well-defined accountabilities and authorities, transparency, and stewardship.
We also aspire to provide employees with something that matters to them beyond just a paycheck—whether it be opportunities to learn, career development, a sense of community, or whatever else brings them value as a person.
For more on our organizational structure, visit Life at Galois.
In this role you’ll be accountable for all aspects of successful team leadership and project execution, including:
- Ensuring the team is producing world-class results that delight the client, on time and on budget
- Planning all aspects of the project, and coordinating all project activities
- Mentoring team members, nurturing the team, and facilitating effective workflows
- Attending to ‘Murphy’s Law’, which makes projects oh so interesting
- Communicating project status, issues, and results to the client and as an internal advocate, via presentations, written reports, and conversations.
- Collaborating with other project leads to address company-wide concerns.
At a minimum, successful candidates have:
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, and a curiosity for technology
- 5 years of experience managing software development or research projects
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in leadership positions
- Expertise managing budgets
Please click this link to apply.