As a Technical Project Lead Intern at Galois, you have the opportunity to grow and learn as you collaborate on delivering cutting edge solutions to meaningful problems. PL Interns are paired with experienced PLs and engaged on our most complex efforts. You can expect to be exposed to all aspects of Technical Project Leadership in the unique collaborative environment of Galois. PL Interns will have the opportunity to work closely with all project stakeholders, engaging with clients, scientists, and research engineers as well as operations teams such as finance, legal and HR.
Projects at Galois take many forms and shapes and as such, each intern experience will be unique and related to the project that you are assigned. Acknowledging that, there are similarities and themes that each project will follow.
A successful Technical PL intern is:
- Flexible. We don’t prescribe particular methodologies, but instead, each project is led using the most appropriate approaches for that project’s characteristics.
- A learner, engaging with a strong curiosity, leaning into Galois’ unique Collaborative Web organizational structure.
- Technically inclined. You should have an affinity for technology, preferably with formal education in computer science, engineering, or mathematics. As Galois is primarily a research and development company, you can expect to be exposed to and work on technical areas that will be unfamiliar to you.
- Engage on and facilitate day-to-day project-related activities in partnership with a Senior Project Lead.
- Contribute to project planning and tracking including staffing, financials, task and milestone definition.
- Participate in setting, managing and communicating short and medium-term project priorities.
- Support the project team in using project and code management tools in a way that facilitates collaboration and delivery.
- Facilitate and document project-related meetings with internal and external team members as well as clients and partners.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a demonstrated focus in both technical and management disciplines.
- An ideal candidate will be working on an advanced business or leadership degree with a technical undergraduate degree.
Our mission is to create trustworthiness in critical systems. We’re in the business of taking blue-sky ideas and turning them into real-world technology solutions. We’ve been developing real-world systems for over ten years using functional programming, language design, and formal methods.
Galois values diversity. We believe that differing viewpoints and experiences are essential to the process of innovation. We look broadly, including outside of established communities, to deliver innovation. For more on our organizational structure, visit Life at Galois.
How to Apply
If you are interested, please apply with a cover letter and resume via this link.