Galois tackles the hardest problems in computer science. Our mission is to assure trust in critical systems, including cryptosystems, that protect the privacy and integrity of information in the real world. We are a team of researchers and engineers who enjoy the challenge of problems that have never been solved before and a community of people dedicated to creating trustworthiness in critical systems.
We are a community, not a hierarchy. We think about citizenship, not rules. We are employee-owned. We value the freedom to pursue our passions in and out of work. We operate from first principles rather than follow the crowd.
We believe in and value joy at work. This comes through pursuing deep trust, serving as stewards, learning and innovating, and creating space for you to be authentically you.
- Define the domain in which they’re working to create structured, actionable requirements for their systems and concrete, machine-readable, agile models of their systems and system architectures.
- Analyze the requirements and/or system artifacts to ensure that they meet the system’s safety and security goals.
- Verify and validate that systems conform to the understanding of what it should do. Our digital engineering processes combined with rigorous systems testing and formal verification provide continuous assurance that systems work, and will continue to work, even as it is updated over time.
- Synthesize the results of this entire process into audit/certification-friendly documents for safety, security, and assurance review.
Galois engineers participate in one or more projects concurrently, and specific roles vary greatly according to your skills, interests, and company needs. Your role might include R&D in creating new and using existing rigorous digital engineering (RDE) technologies, project technical leadership, engaging with clients, prototype RDE tool development, and platform and product development of complex high-assurance, secure systems with RDE technologies. Research that leads to publication is highly encouraged, and much of our R&D is open source, so there are many opportunities for advancing the state of the art.
Skills & Requirements
- Education– Minimum of a BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Applied Mathematics. MS or Ph.D. desired but optional.
- Required Technical Expertise
- Significant implementation or applied research focus in digital engineering, and in particular, model-based software, hardware, and/or systems engineering with AADL, SysML, and various related technologies such as commercial and open source IDEs (Eclipse, IDEA, Ansys), modeling tools/frameworks (OSATE, Cameo Systems Modeler, Ocarina), code and assurance case model-based synthesis/compilation (SCADE, HLS, Cryptol), etc.
- Demonstrated capability in secure-by-design engineering, safety engineering, or high-assurance engineering, particularly spanning hardware, software, or systems engineering.
- A pragmatic understanding of building practical, performant, secure, high-assurance systems that leverage rigorous digital engineering technologies into a smoothly integrated whole that meets the needs of our clients.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with formal modeling and assurance cases, particularly with regards to the generation of test and verification benches and the use of formal verification tools on models or code.
- Required General Skills– Must work well with customers, including building rapport, identifying needs, and communicating with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. Must be highly motivated and able to self-manage deadlines and quality goals expected by those customers.
We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire. We reward creativity and thrive on collaboration. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to us.
At Galois, we specialize in researching and developing technologies that solve computer science’s most challenging problems, particularly working to guarantee the trustworthiness of systems where failure is unacceptable. Our organizational structure is collaborative and based on well-defined accountabilities and authorities, transparency, and stewardship principles. Project teams involve multiple engineers and researchers, likely including team members from academia, industry partners, and government agencies, and range from a few months to several years.
We aspire to provide employees with something that matters to them beyond just a paycheck—including opportunities to learn, career development, employee ownership, and a sense of community. In looking for the very best candidates, we celebrate differences, knowing that a team of varied backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will best deliver Company success. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire. We reward creativity and thrive on collaboration. If you are interested, please apply.
Candidate must not require a U.S. government export license to authorize access to export-controlled technology and software required to perform this role.