Galois tackles the hardest problems in computer architecture and engineering. We are a team of researchers and engineers who enjoy the challenge of problems that have never been solved before. Our mission is to ensure trust in critical systems, including cyber-physical and other hardware systems.
We currently seek researchers and engineers with expertise in microarchitectural design, RTL coding, physical design, and logic verification to perform research on secure SoCs. Combining state of the art heterogeneous systems with formally verified assurance plays a pivotal role in fulfilling our mission to make critical systems trustworthy.
Galois engineers participate in one or more projects concurrently. Specific roles vary greatly depending on skills, interests, and company needs. Your role may include technology research and development, requirements gathering, front or back-end implementation, testing, formal verification, infrastructure development, project leadership, and supporting new business development.
Our hardware engineers develop new CAD technologies and novel hardware designs to meet unique and challenging customer specifications
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of a Masters degree in electrical or computer engineering, or equivalent
- PhD in ECE, EE, or a related field desirable but optional, depending on specific role
Required Technical Expertise –
- In-depth understanding of VLSI design flows, methods, and relevant standard industry practices
- Experience in logic design, verification, physical design, or microarchitecture exploration
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing VLSI and/or CAD technologies, hardware and/or performing computer science or engineering research
- Knowledge of hardware engineering languages and platforms, such as SystemVerilog and Verilog
- Familiarity with programming and scripting languages such as C/C++, Python, Java or Tcl
Desired Technical Expertise –
- Fluency with modern commercial and open source EDA technologies used in the development of FPGA and VLSI-based systems
- Experience with Chisel or Bluespec
- Direct experience in developing high assurance systems or security products, CAD software, hardware security (SGX, enclaves, etc.), and low-level systems software
- Experience with high-speed PCB design, post-silicon testing, Design-for-Test, or embedded systems
- RISC-V expertise
· Required General Skills –
- Must work well with customers, including building rapport, identifying needs, and communicating with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Must be highly motivated and able to self-manage to deadlines and quality goals
- Engineers work in small team settings and must successfully interact with clients, partners, and other employees in a highly cooperative, collaborative, and intellectually stimulating environment
Galois develops technology to guarantee the trustworthiness of systems where failure is unacceptable. We apply cutting edge computer science and mathematics to advance the state of the art in software and hardware trustworthiness. At Galois, we maintain a unique organizational structure tailored to the needs of the innovative projects we deliver. Our organizational structure is collaborative, one-level flat, and based on principles of well-defined accountabilities and authorities, transparency, and stewardship. We aspire to provide employees with something that matters to them beyond just a paycheck — whether it be opportunities to learn, career growth, a sense of community, or whatever else brings them value as a person.
We believe in individual freedom in the roles we choose, and in the projects we pursue — our research focus areas are the intersection of staff interests and corporate strategy. We choose practices that best suit the project, team, and leaders, with company-wide standards kept to a minimum to ensure we are making the right choices for the situation rather than just business-as-usual choices.
For more on our organizational structure, visit Life at Galois.
We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire. We reward creativity and thrive on collaboration. If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to us.