Galois is hiring a Finance and Accounting Administrator to join our team in Portland, OR! This role will primarily focus on ensuring that financial activities are reported accurately and leading expense processing.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Process credit card expenses in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure invoices are accurately processed and paid within payment terms and consistent with corporate controls.
- Assist in general accounting activities/processes
- Minimize time taken away from employees’ primary role by providing excellent customer service in Finance & Accounting
- Lead credit card expense process by processing incoming receipts, trip reports, and answering related questions
- Assist on accounts payable execution
- Administer the subcontractor approval process
- Provide administrative support (e.g., scanning vendor invoices, filing, system hygiene).
- Support Payroll Lead on processing payroll
- Support Finance team on special projects.
- Preferred education of Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or representative experience
- Proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with the use of accounting system(s)
- Excellent data entry skills
- Outstanding internal-customer service
- Advanced time management and organization skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Why Join Us?
We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire. We reward creativity and thrive on collaboration. We offer great benefits and perks, including a 401K plan, ESOP, paid vacation, employer-paid health benefits, transportation reimbursement, parental leave, a casual work environment, snacks, and espresso.
Galois develops technology to guarantee the trustworthiness of systems where failure is unacceptable. We apply cutting-edge computer science and mathematics to advance the state of the art in software and hardware trustworthiness. At Galois, we maintain a unique organizational structure tailored to the needs of the innovative projects we deliver. Our organizational structure is collaborative, one-level flat, and based on principles of well-defined accountabilities and authorities, transparency, and stewardship. We aspire to provide employees with something that matters to them beyond just a paycheck — whether it be opportunities to learn, career growth, a sense of community, or whatever else brings them value as a person.
We believe in individual freedom in the roles we choose, and in the projects we pursue — our research focus areas are the intersection of staff interests and corporate strategy. We choose practices that best suit the project, team, and leaders, with company-wide standards kept to a minimum to ensure we are making the right choices for the situation rather than just business-as-usual choices.
For more on our organizational structure, visit Life at Galois.