Galois seeks an experienced software engineer to support the integration and release of software deliverables across its entire portfolio of projects. You will join a research and development organization with deep expertise building tools based on cutting-edge research and serving both government clients and commercial customers. We are a project-based company with over 40 projects currently underway, our project teams being drawn from the members of our research and engineering team. At Galois, new projects are constantly starting while existing projects end. The wide variety of projects available provides ample opportunities for professional growth and the chance to learn about a variety of technical topics.
A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools along with the ability to think outside the box, exercising flexibility while providing guidance to engineering teams. We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire. We reward creativity and thrive on collaboration.
- Improve and maintain build services and technology stacks for researchers
- Implement, consult on, and guide the implementation of CI/CD pipelines
- Support development activities in all environments, from local workstations to releases
- Research and lead the adoption and use of new development technologies and methodologies
- Develop internal tools and processes to bridge gaps between needs and capabilities
- Support the team in the design, development, testing, and delivery of quality software
At a minimum, successful candidates have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent hands-on industry experience
- Industry experience in designing, building, and maintaining infrastructure for software products
- Experience with Unix-based, Windows and Mac OS development environments, tools and technologies
- Strong understanding of distributed source code control tools, specifically Git
- Prior experience building continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- A collaborative, flexible, positive mindset with an interest in problem solving
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in:
- Functional programming languages
- Driving container deployment (Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes)
- Nix or Guix
- EDA software support (ASIC and FPGA flows)
- Gitlab, github code management and CI environments
- Implementing Infrastructure as Code, Immutable Infrastructure, and Reproducible Builds
- Continuous Delivery and DevOps as a collaborative culture and mindset
- Further education or experience in engineering, computer science or a related technical field
- An ability to quickly pick up other development languages and technologies
Galois develops technology to guarantee the trustworthiness of systems where failure is unacceptable. We apply cutting edge computer science and mathematics to advance the state of the art in software and hardware trustworthiness.
Engineers work in small team settings and must successfully interact with clients, partners, and other employees in a highly cooperative, collaborative, and intellectually challenging environment.
At Galois, we maintain a unique organizational structure tailored to the needs of the innovative projects we deliver. Our organizational structure is collaborative, one-level flat, and based on principles of well-defined accountabilities and authorities, transparency, and stewardship. We aspire to provide employees with something that matters to them beyond just a paycheck — whether it be opportunities to learn, career growth, a sense of community, or whatever else brings them value as a person.
We believe in individual freedom in the roles we choose, and in the projects we pursue — our research focus areas are the intersection of staff interests and corporate strategy. We choose practices that best suit the project, team, and leaders, with company-wide standards kept to a minimum to ensure we are making the right choices for the situation rather than just business-as-usual choices.
For more on our organizational structure, visit Life at Galois.
We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire. We reward creativity and thrive on collaboration. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter and resume to us via this link