Do you like to play with data? Do you find joy in extracting meaning from it?
Galois is a growing computer science research company headquartered in Portland, with offices in Arlington, VA and Dayton, OH. We seek an experienced Data Analyst to join our team in Portland to support our engineering, finance and business development groups.
This might be the right role for you if you are passionate about:
- Extracting and visualizing useful information from available data
- Communicating information to enable effective decision making
- Making accurate information available in support of client-specific projects
- Forecasting and tracking project portfolio information
- Developing and maintaining custom analysis tools
Ideally you are a high-energy individual, with a Bachelor’s degree in a computer, software, or finance discipline, or equivalent, and a minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in an analyst role. Your technical experience should include:
- Expert knowledge of Excel, including VBA, for both Windows and OS X
- Expertise using Microsoft Word and Powerpoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat tools
- Experience working with databases, including schema design, programming, reporting, and query development
- Working knowledge of one or more scripting languages, ideally including Python
Experience as a business systems analyst is desirable.
Click here to apply for the position.