We have a need for a software engineer to join our team at our client’s Maryland location. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative team building software and systems to protect the nation’s most critical information in a secure space.
Skills & Requirements
- Education – Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Required Technical Expertise
- Experience programming in two or more of the following: C, Python, Rust, Haskell, OCaml, or Erlang
- Fluency designing, developing, and testing moderately complex software systems
- Fluency with the functional programming paradigm is a strong plus.
- Desired Technical Expertise – Experience with cryptographic algorithms and protocols, including SuiteB crypto.
- Required General Skills –
- Must listen to and work well with customers, including building rapport and identifying needs
- Communicate with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Must be highly motivated and able to self-manage to deadlines and quality goals.
- Security Requirements – Must currently hold an active Top Secret clearance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Our engineers develop in programming languages designing and developing advanced technologies for safety- and security-critical systems, networks, and applications utilizing functional languages and domain-specific languages
- Your role may include custom software development, requirements gathering, implementation, testing, and some work in formal verification
- Re-implementing existing software into a domain-specific language for specifying cryptographic algorithms
We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire. We reward creativity and thrive on collaboration. If you are interested, please submit a resume to us via this link.
Galois develops technology to guarantee the trustworthiness of systems where failure is unacceptable. We apply cutting edge computer science and mathematics to advance the state of the art in software and hardware trustworthiness.
Engineers work in small team settings and must successfully interact with clients, partners, and other employees in a highly cooperative, collaborative, and intellectually challenging environment.