At Galois nobody tells you what to do. We hire professionals who are passionate about their work and give them the opportunity to work on meaningful and challenging computer science projects.
The role of Technical Project Lead requires experience in software development or computer science research, but more so, is an ideal fit for someone with a passion for guiding software projects to success. Someone who is a curious and eager learner, who can think abstractly, has an educational foundation in Computer Science, takes a servant leader approach, and cares for team members and their success as a primary driver.
The role is not a good fit for those with a command and control approach to management, those focused on using particular processes or tools, those who are still primarily involved as hands-on technical contributors, and those who are looking to advance on a corporate ladder (we don’t have one)!
At Galois we specialize in the research and development of new technologies that solve computer science’s most difficult problems.
We maintain a unique organizational structure tailored to the needs of the innovative projects we deliver. Our organizational structure is collaborative, one-level flat, and based on principles of well-defined accountabilities and authorities, transparency, and stewardship. We aspire to provide employees with something that matters to them beyond just a paycheck—whether it be opportunities to learn, career growth, a sense of community, or whatever else brings them value as a person.
We believe in individual freedom in the roles we choose, and in the projects we pursue—our research focus areas are the intersection of staff interests and corporate strategy. We choose practices that best suit the project, team, and leaders, with company-wide policies kept to a minimum to ensure we are making the right choices for the situation rather than just business-as-usual choices.
Project teams involve multiple engineers and researchers, and in addition to Galois staff, may include team members from academia, industry partners, and government agencies. Project durations range from a few months to several years.
When guiding projects, you’ll be accountable for all aspects of successful project execution, including:
- Ensuring the team is producing world-class results that delight the client, on time and on budget.
- Planning all aspects of the project, and coordinating all project activities.
- Mentoring team members, nurturing the team, and facilitating effective workflows.
- Staffing the project with Galois engineers and researchers, interns, and contractors.
- Communicating project status, issues, and results to the client and as an internal advocate, via presentations, written reports, and conversations.
- Collaborating with other project leads to address company-wide concerns.
- Attending to ‘Murphy’s Law’, which makes projects so interesting.
At a minimum, successful candidates have:
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 5 years of diverse experience managing software development and/or research projects
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in a Director-level position
- A Masters degree in Computer Science
- Expertise gained working on government projects
To apply, please use the following link: https://galois-inc.hiringthing.com/job/46073/technical-project-lead-dayton
Location: Dayton, OH