Galois has a position open for a Researcher/Principal Investigator in our Portland office.
The successful candidate will be expected to continue to develop an externally funded research program; to collaborate with other Researchers/Principal Investigators within Galois to create research efforts of unique value; and to foster interactions with academia, government, and industry.
This individual will have an existing research program and will provide technical leadership in the development of new capabilities and business opportunities. Such leadership will include development of new R&D efforts and expansion of existing efforts. The candidate should be an experienced and recognized researcher in the field capable of envisioning, designing, and leading new R&D efforts and large, complex programs.
In this role, you will create a trajectory for a research agenda that fits within Galois’ mission, communicate value propositions and goals to customers and partners, prepare proposals to continue development of ambitious, leading-edge capabilities, and develop licensable technology. We are seeking a leading expert in advanced computing.
Some domain areas of interest follow below:
- Networking and MANETs (developing network appliances, designing ad hoc networks, writing firewall or other network security software)
- Security research (any areas are desired, including identity management, security architectures, policy-driven security, risk assessment, etc.)
- Informatics (as it relates to developing tools for gathering, analyzing, and interpreting heterogeneous data from multiple sources)
- Control systems (computer controlled systems that monitor flight controls for unmanned autonomous systems or industrial/infrastructure processes)
Candidates must have a successful record of proposal authoring and be able to demonstrate success in a position having frequent client and agency contact in a decision-making role. Excellent technical writing, verbal communication, and public speaking skills are essential.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field with a history of high quality academic or industrial research as evidenced by publications, involvement in research community, and/or patent applications.
- A strong track record in obtaining external research funding.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time.
The successful candidate must work well with customers, including building rapport, identifying needs, and communicating with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills. He/she must also be highly motivated and able to self-manage to deadlines and quality goals. A track record of working with industry and/or commercialization partners is also preferred.
Our engineers work with functional languages, designing and developing advanced technologies for safety and security-critical systems, networks, and applications. Galois technical staff members play a pivotal role in developing advanced software technology.
Engineers work in small team settings and must successfully interact with clients, partners, and other employees in a highly cooperative, collaborative, and intellectually challenging environment. We’re looking for people who can invent, learn, think, and inspire. We reward creativity and thrive on collaboration. We offer great benefits and perks, including a 401K plan, paid vacation, health benefits, flexible work schedule, a casual work environment, snacks, espresso, ping pong, and foosball.
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume to us via http://galois-inc.hiringthing.com.