Galois has been building systems in Haskell for the past decade. This talk describes some of what we’ve learned about in-the-large, commercial Haskell programming in that time. (Download slides :: .pdf).
- When and where we use Haskell
- Correctness, productivity, scalabilty, maintainability
- What language features we like: types, purity, types, abstractions, types, concurrency, types!
- The Haskell toolchain: FFI, HPC, Cabal, compiler, libraries, build systems, etc.
- Being a commercial entity in a largely open source community
This talk was presented Monday 20th April at λondon HUG.